Jump to Section:
The Problem: The Repetitive Lifting of Loads & Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSD)
Repetitive lifting of any load not only gets tiresome and annoying for your employees, but over time this task often creates musculoskeletal disorders. A musculoskeletal disorder (MSD) is defined as an injury or pain in the human musculoskeletal system including joints, ligaments, tendons, muscles, nerves, and structures that support limbs, neck, and back.
MSD Impacts Employee Health:
MSD Impacts Employee Happiness and Productivity:
MSD is often responsible for high turnover rates, insurance costs, and production losses. The CDC says that "Musculoskeletal disorders are associated with high costs to employers such as absenteeism, lost productivity, and increased health care, disability, and worker’s compensation costs. MSD cases are more severe than the average nonfatal injury or illness."
Liberty Mutual, the largest workers’ compensation insurance provider in the United States, estimates overexertion injuries—lifting, pushing, pulling, holding, carrying, or throwing an object—cost employers $13.4 billion every year.
The Solution: Bosch Rexroth's Electric Case Lifters
Case Lifters minimize the potential for MSD by automating the repetitive lifting and lowering tasks that employees dread, and by maintaining an ergonomic work environment. What makes Case Lifters so special is that increased safety is paired with increased efficiency. According to MTM (Method of Time Measurement), up to 68% can be saved on the time required for the provision of parts and the discharge conveyance. Automated lifting and lowering decreases employee strain and increases processing speeds.
Watch this short video for a demonstration of how Case Lifters work. (The automated sensor is a game-changer!)
Electric Case Lifter's Main Features:
- Case Lifters operate manually through an easy-to-use push-button control station, but can also operate automatically through the use of an additional sensor.
- Each unit only requires a 120-volt power source. In terms of installation, we're talking "just plug it in" simple.
- The base plate has rollers, allowing the lifters to be rolled from station to station as needed. It can also be lagged to the floor for exact positioning.
- The Integrated safety stop with 120mm ground clearance is in accordance with DIN EN 349.
- They come in 2 sizes: 900 mm width x 1300 mm height, and 1300 mm width x 1700 mm height.
- It has a lifting force of 2,200 Newtons.
- A lifting speed of 25mm/s.
- A compact aluminum housing.
Accessories are available to increase the versatility of the Case Lifters.
- The best upgrade is the sensor. It allows the option to use an automatic mode, which keeps the totes moving up and down at specified heights.
- The Bosch extrusion slot allows you to mount extrusion accessories, such as a manual control docking station.
- Angled forklift supports allow totes to be stacked in the pocket they create or flip them over to use custom carts on casters to wheel product to and from the workstation.
The ergonomic possibilities are virtually endless with these lifts. I told you they're the real deal. Your employees and your bottom line will thank you.
Pricing and Availability:
Basic hand switch - Push button for manual lifting and lowering with emergency stop. Can be swapped for comfort hand switch.
Holder for hand switch - To stow Basic and Comfort hand switches
Comfort hand switch - For the selection of “Manual” or “Automatic” mode. Push button for manual lifting and lowering in “Manual” mode. Includes emergency stop.
Comfort sensor unit - Works with the Comfort hand switch to control lifting and lowering in automatic mode
Lifting forks, 400 mm - For support of containers or floor rollers. Material: Steel; painted black, with yellow safety mark on the side.
Lifting forks, 600 mm - For support of containers or floor rollers. Material: Steel; painted black, with yellow safety mark on the side.
Attachment plate, 450/400 - For attaching forks or suspension straps. Suitable for all case lifters. Material: Steel; galvanized.
Attachment plate, 650/600 - For attaching forks or suspension straps. Suitable for all case lifters. Material: Steel; galvanized.
Suspension strap - Suitable for attachment plates. For attaching individual supports.
We're happy to offer technical support, order help, and answer any questions you have on Bosch Rexroth's electrical case lifters (and other technologies).